Richard Sakwa is Professor Of Russian And European Politics at the University of Kent.
He is also a member of the advisory board of the Institute Of Law And Public Policy in Moscow.
If you listened to my explosive podcast with Russell Bentley, then I recommend that you listen to this one with Richard.
In a nutshell, we chatted about
- the history of Russia and Ukraine;
- he complexities of Ukraine’s national identity;
- why Putin is not interested in Ukraine;
- why Biden and NATO are at fault;
- Ukrainian government’s deliberate aggression towards its own people;
- why Putin’s 2022 invasion of Ukraine is understandable but a strategic blunder; and
- the current conflict’s impact on the West.