Tony Heller is a scientist and software engineer, and runs RealClimateScience.com, in which he analyses climate change claims and debunks propaganda and alarmism using historical data and trends.
Let’s understand the basics
Alarmism (or hysteria) refers to the exaggerated or excessive display of fear, panic, or anxiety about a particular issue or event.
In this case, climate change.
Global warming (or climate change) alarmism typically involves spreading sensationalised or exaggerated fear porn that isn’t supported by evidence and amplifies the perceived danger of Earth’s natural cycles, leading to heightened public concern and anxiety, increasing the reliance on the government and other authorities like NGOs and the IPCC.
The entire field of climate science, like virology, is based on computer models.
There is nothing scientific about climate science.
Climate change is normal
It’s important to remember that:
- Humans do not influence Earth’s climate in any meaningful way.
- Climate change has occurred for millennia.
- There is no evidence of significant sea-level rise.
- Extreme weather has not been all that extreme over the last century.
- The Arctic and Antarctic are doing fine.
- The climate change narrative has nothing to do with climate change, and everything to do with fear, control and taxation.
The ocean is both rising and not rising, according to The Science™.
Trust the experts?
They can’t seem to make up their mind, it turns out.
On the topic of supposedly melting ice, Susan Crockford is a zoologist and has shown that polar bears are in great shape and, in fact, are increasing in numbers. There is no evidence that their numbers are dwindling.
Meanwhile, above are two photos of my home city, Cape Town, taken a century apart. There is absolutely no evidence of sea-level rise. In fact, parts of the land have been extended into the bay.
It’s a comedy show
As Tony freqently points out, climate science is comical in how disconnected from reality it is.
But it’s a superb mechanism for keeping the masses in perpetual fear, with the relentless propaganda.
Furthermore, confused people are controlled people.
Here are some examples of climate change claims over the last century and a bit:
- 1895 – Geologists Think the World May Be Frozen Up Again (New York Times)
- 1912 – Prof Schmidt Warns Us of an Encroaching Ice Age (New York Times)
- 1924 – MacMillan Reports Signs of New Ice Age (New York Times)
- 1933 – America in Longest Warm Spell Since 1776; Temperature Line Records a 25-Year Rise (New York Times)
- 1969 – ‘…the Arctic pack ice is thinning and that the ocean at the North Pole may become an open sea within a decade or two’ (New York Times)
- 1988 – ‘[T]he earth is warmer in 1988 than at any time in the history of instrumental measurements.’ (Jim Hansen, June 1988 testimony before Congress)
- 2001 – ‘Scientists no longer doubt that global warming is happening, and almost nobody questions the fact that humans are at least partly responsible.’ (Time Magazine)
In the last few decades, Earth apparently went from getting colder to getting warmer.
Here’s my conversation with Tony.